Roku not working is a serious problem, and if you are facing it, then you need to perform certain steps such as checking internet connection and Roku remote because these two are the main reasons as to why Roku stops working.
With the user base of Roku continues to rise, it has become extremely important for the company to provide an instant and accurate solution to any problem that befalls Roku devices. Today, we are going to discuss the steps of how to fix the problem of Roku not working. Well, there could be a number of reasons leading to a non-functional Roku, and we will discuss all those one by one today.
Issue #1: No Wi-Fi connection
- If your Roku device is working, then it means it is not connected to an internet network. You need to make sure that the login information that you have entered to connect to the network is correct.
- Maybe the Wi-Fi is out of range, so you need to need to make sure that your Roku device is within the range of Wi-Fi network. Also, there shouldn’t be too many devices present near the Roku device because the electronic signals from those devices may affect the Wi-Fi signal.
- If the problem of Wi-Fi signal persists, then you should reboot your router as well as your Roku streaming player. Unplug both devices and wait for a few seconds before plugging both devices back in. Now, create wireless connection setup.
- You might have been using wrong IP settings for your wireless connection. You will have to change the IP settings from manual to automatic.
Issue #2: Low Video Quality
If your Roku device is connected to a high-speed internet, yet facing poor video quality, then here is what you will be dealing with:
- There could be a weak connection between the Roku media streaming player and the router, which it is connected to. You may have to update your router firmware. For that, you need to get in touch with your ISP.
- You need to disconnect all other devices that are connected to the same Wi-Fi network in order to lower the network congestion.
Issue #3: Remote Control Not Responding
- If your Roku remote is not working, then you will have to check the batteries first. If batteries have been fully drained, then you need to replace them with the new ones.
- If you are having pairing issues, then you need to press and hold the ‘black pairing button’ within the battery compartment for 3 seconds or until you see the LED light flashing. You are going to see the remote pairing dialog appearing on the screen.
- You may have to restart your Roku device as well as remote in order to pair those two. Take the power off the device and wait for 5 seconds. Then, reconnect the device to the mains and let the loading screen appears. Then, remove the batteries from Roku remote and reinsert it after waiting for 2-3 seconds. Press and hold ‘black pairing button’ for 3 seconds to pair the remote.
- Clean the remote and then, repair it with the device. Press and hold ‘A, B and Black’ pairing button at once. This will flash the LED light up to three times, which will indicate that the remote is clear. Now, connect your Roku device to the power and press and hold the pairing button that is in purple color. An LED will flash indicating that the remote has been paired.