Have you purchased a Roku premiere model recently? If yes, then have you activated it online? If no, then we are going to discuss easy steps for it. You will be able to activate the Roku premiere on your own after reading the steps.
Note: If you are doubtful whether your device supports TV or whether the TV supports your Roku premiere, then you can contact Roku support. You will find complete information about Roku Premiere on this page. To play 4K content your TV must have HDMI port.
A high-speed HDMI cable is recommended to play HD content at more than 720p resolution. The steps to setup Roku premiere are:
- The basic steps for configuring the Roku premiere on the TV are available on Roku.com link. If you want any support or assistance, you can contact technical representatives.
- Tap to select language: When you switch on Roku, the Roku logo will immediately get appeared on the screen. You will find the language option on the front screen. Select according to choice.
- To select a different language, you need to scroll down and click on particular with the help of Roku remote.
Connecting player to the network
- Search for home Wi-Fi network from the Roku device by opening wireless settings with the help of remote.
- Locate the SSID of your home network and press ‘Enter’. After this, you are required to enter the password for the network. Enter it through a virtual keyboard.
- If you want to remember a password, then click on ‘Remember password’. In the same way, if you want to note down the password, click on ‘Show password’.
- Click to connect to the network.
- When your device gets connected, it will take two minutes to fetch the latest updates from the servers. If any new update is available, then it will first download and install it, then lets you play content.
- Restart a device after successful installation of updates.
- Now, select the type of display you want to get on the TV screen. If you want to watch the cable TV, then select the display according to it. If you want to change the display settings, then over to ‘Settings’ followed by Display and locations’.
- If you are playing 4K video but it doesn’t provide actual quality, then it means your TV lacks 4k support.
Create a Roku account on the official page and enter the activation code
- Once you get connected to the network, you are to login to the Roku account for device activation. If you have not registered yourself on Roku, then first sign-up from the computer and enter the personal details in the sign-up form.
- The moment you create an account, you will get an activation code in the email.
- Enter the activation code in the space provided by checking the on-screen instructions. Perform each step carefully as any step if missed by chance may result in failure of activation. There is no need to add any fee for the same.
Complete the setup: After completing the steps, login to the account again and check if everything is started working normally or not. For more information and support, contact Roku support team.