Without activating your Roku media player, you won’t be able to access anything on the same. There is a series of steps that you will have to perform in order to activate your Roku player. To know about those steps, kindly visit Rokusetup.xyz website.
To access anything on your Roku device, you will have to activate your device or link your Roku device to Roku account. Now, the question comes as to how to activate Roku or link it with Roku account.
So, today, we will shine some light on this particular aspect. In order to activate Roku, you require a Roku account. Creating a Roku account is just like sign up for a Facebook account, as you just need to enter your basic details, and your account is created. There are no complications when it comes to creating a Roku account.
So, let’s just assume that you have created Roku account, and now, you want to activate your Roku device. Without activating your Roku player, you won’t be able to do anything, as the device will just be a piece of box, and nothing else. For activation, you need Roku account, so both things are interlinked.
You don’t just require Roku account for activating Roku device, but all your preferences and settings will be saved in Roku account. Your payment method, which I believe is a very important information will be saved in your Roku account. So, you need to choose a very strong password for your Roku account because you will not like your account getting in the hands of any unknown individual as then, it could lead to irreparable damages.
Activating the Roku device:
For activating your Roku device, follow below-mentioned steps:
- You have to complete on-screen instructions to connect the Roku device to the internet.
- Once connected to the internet, you will find that Roku has already started downloading new updates for the firmware.
- After updating the OS to the latest firmware, you will see activation code screen.
- The code you see on the screen needs to be entered into a specific box, which you can find at ‘my.Roku.link’ page. You can open this link on your PC/laptop or smartphone/tablet.
- After entering the code, click ‘submit’.
- Now, follow the instructions given on the website to log into your Roku account.
- If you haven’t created a Roku account until now, then create one. If you don’t wish to enter any details in ‘Payment Method’, then you can click ‘Skip’. But, there is no harm in entering the details in ‘Payment Method’ as you won’t be charged for it. The only time this option will come into use is when you plan on buying a subscription to any channel or rent any movie or TV series. You can add your credit card details or debit card details or even PayPal ID in ‘Payment Method’.
- Now, wait until your Roku device is getting updated, and when it does, you will see a corresponding message on your TV screen.
If there is any problem in activating Roku media player, then instead of trying things on your own, you must get in touch with Roku help and support. They will provide you with the right information regarding this process.