If the Roku device is incapable of downloading the latest firmware updates, then you probably are dealing with Roku Error Code 003. So, what you got to do is, take help of Roku help and support providers to fix this problem.
With a wide assortment of streaming devices available on the market, there seems to be a confusion prevailing among the customers as to which streaming device they should opt for. All products are marketed as if they have all the features, plus the similar kind of price range of the top-selling products makes things a lot more difficult.
If you were to take the opinion of an expert, then he/she would recommend a Roku media streaming player because this product is a perfect blend of features and performance. Although Roku streaming player works smoothly in 90% cases, at times, problems could appear.
As it is an electronic device, so any wrong connection or selection of a wrong setting could lead to problems with Roku. If you are facing a problem with the software version of Roku, then you are basically dealing with Roku Error Code 003. It is also one of the most common errors to appear on Roku streaming devices.
As soon as you take out the Roku from the box, unwrap it, connect the necessary cables and wires, and begin with the installation process, the software of Roku starts updating itself. If you have performed the setup process properly, then the next step that you’ll see is the download of Roku’s firmware updates.
Well, this is an important process, and you must not stop it because having the latest software in Roku will ensure streaming of entertainment to its full potential.
If there is any problem in updating of the Roku’s firmware, then you will have to check whether the internet connection is properly working or not because the problem with downloading the updates arise due to a poor internet connection. You have to keep the router closer to the Roku device in order to ensure that there is no interruption in between the internet signal. Moreover, there shouldn’t be too many devices connected to the internet network because that could lead to network congestion.
If there is any issue with the internet connection, then your Roku device is going to going to update the software. Along with that, you are going to see an error message on the screen with Roku error code 001, 002, 003 and 005. This you will see at the bottom of the message. To fix the problem of ‘Roku error codes’, here is what you are going to do
- Check if the internet is working properly or not, and if it isn’t, then fix the internet issue.
- Confirm whether the wireless internet network username and password you’ve entered is correct. Wireless network’s name is ‘SSID’ and password is either ‘WEP’ or ‘WPA’.
- Keep the router and Roku within close proximity of one another. There should be a clear line of sight for the internet signal to travel from the router to the Roku device.
- Restart your Roku device by going to ‘settings’, then ‘system’, and finally, ‘System Restart’. If you are using Roku TV, then to go to ‘Settings’, ‘Power’ and then, ‘System Restart’.
- Now, restart your router.
- If you have an Ethernet cable, then connect your Roku to the modem through that. This will give you a more reliable internet connection.
- If you are connecting your Roku device to the internet network for the first time, then you will have to follow the network set up process correctly.
If you’ve tried all the aforementioned steps, yet the problem hasn’t been resolved, then take help of Roku experts.