There are some bugs encountered on Roku TV box with respect to Wireless networks. Though these issues are not permanent and can be easily fixed through simple steps but when such issues encounter, it may affect the streaming experience. In today’s discussion, we are going to discuss steps to restore Wi-Fi bugs on Roku TV box.
- First of all, check the SSID of your wireless network. If you are to enter the SSID manually, then do check the spelling of SSID and enter it manually. If you don’t know the SSID of your network, then you can confirm it from the Internet service provider. They know SSID of their network.
- The password is always case sensitive and must be specified properly. If you are entering the password with a keyboard, then type the spellings carefully. If you are getting a password error, then confirm it first through another device that is already connected to the same network and enter it again.
- There might be some issue with the router. If your router is not working properly, then you will find a problem in connecting to the server from Roku TV box. Try after changing the router or other network devices. If you find success, then it confirms that there was a problem with router or modem.
- If you find a problem in connecting the Roku TV box with the network but are able to connect other devices like mobile, tablet and laptop to the same network, then it means there is some problem with the network adapter built-in Roku. Apart from this, do check the distance between the router and the Roku. If the Roku is placed at a far distance from Router, then the signal strength will be weak and you won’t be able to connect to the servers. Keep your router away from natural hindrances like wall, furniture and other heavy objects like Almira. By applying the simple tricks, you will be able to get back to the streaming experience from the Roku TV box.
- Restart all your devices like Roku, TV, modem, and router. The steps to restart Roku TV are:
- Go to ‘Settings’ and over to ‘System’ followed by ‘Restart’.
- Disconnect the device from the power source and wait for few seconds. Plug the device back to the supply through power adapter and then turn on other devices like modem, router, and extender. Wait, till the connection gets established.
Common Roku error codes along with their solution
- Error code 009: This error code appears when the Roku TV box is connected to the router but is not connected to the internet. You won’t be able to stream under such condition.
- Error code 14: This error code is related to connection problem between Roku and router.
- Error code 17: If the signal strength is limited or no signal is coming on the Roku TV box, then you will encounter this error code on the screen. Fix this error by minimizing the distance between router and Roku.
This is how you can get out of the Wi-Fi bugs observed on Roku TV box. If you have any problem or have information to share with us, then do contact at online device support.