Roku device is going, to begin with updating the firmware as soon as you set up the device, but it is important to have a strong internet connection as well. If you are not able to update the firmware of your Roku device, then go to Roku Setup website to know the right process.
When you set up Roku device for the first time, then it will automatically download and install the most recent version of firmware. You just have to connect your Roku to the internet, and then, the process will begin automatically, and there is no manual effort required for the same.
What if the software doesn’t update due to an error?
If you want to perform a software update, then make sure that you have a good internet connection. If your internet is not working properly or experiencing an unexpected outage, then you will find issues updating the Roku device to the latest software. You will see an error message on the screen along with these codes: 001, 002, 003 or 005.
How to update Roku firmware successfully?
Sometimes, Roku service gets unresponsive, but on a temporary basis, so if that happens when you are updating the firmware of your Roku device, then it is suggested to wait for a few minutes and then, try the same procedure again. If there is an outage in Roku, then the same will be notified to you.
If you haven’t got any notification, yet seeing an error message despite making multiple attempts, then the problem may have risen due to network connectivity issues. To solve the problem, here is what you are going to do:
- Have you connected your Roku device to the right internet network? If not, then the issue of ‘failed network connection’ may arise.
- Check whether the router is working properly or not. Access the internet by connecting to the same router, and if the internet is working smoothly, then there are some issues with the connection between Roku and router.
- Check the wireless signal strength, and if it weak, then you’ll have to bring Roku device closer to the router.
- Restart your Roku device and the router. For that, follow these steps:
- To restart Roku, go to ‘settings’ > ‘system’ > ‘system restart’. Then, unplug Roku from power supply followed by plugging it back on.
- Now, restart your router.
Your Roku will automatically be connected to the router if it was connected to the router before.
Wireless Vs. Ethernet
Roku can be connected to the internet via Ethernet as well as Wi-Fi. So, it depends on you as to how you want to connect your Roku device to the internet. A number of Roku devices are coming with an Ethernet port, which you can use to connect to the internet.
- Connecting the Roku device via Ethernet cable will provide you with a better internet connection because a wired connection is always more efficient and reliable. You can connect a standard Ethernet cable in the available port on the router and another end of the cable into the Ethernet port given on the router.
- You can also get great results through a wireless connection, but make sure that Roku is connected closer to the router in order to strong signals.